It’s been two years since I embarked on my journey to Poland and now, permanently to Australia, and it’s been a remarkable experience of growth, learning, and giving back. I want to share some of the engagements and contributions I’ve been fortunate to be a part of.
🎙️ Speaking and Teaching (2021-2023):
- Spoke to communication professionals at SimplyIC Conference in the UK (2023). https://simply-communicate.com/home/simply-events/simplyic-2023/ Thank you Marc Wright for your encouragement and support.
- Run a webinar on Inclusive Internal Communications for Denmark based professionals through Next Level IC (2023) https://www.aniisu.com/webinar-on-inclusive-internal-communications-next-level-ic-sept-14/ Jonas Bladt Hansen – you are doing great work in this space and in building a strong community of communicators.
- Ran guest lectures for University of Connecticut and the Indian Institute of Management.
- Shared insights as a speaker at the John Paul II University’s Media and Ethics Conference in Poland (2022). https://www.aniisu.com/media-disinterestedness-the-moral-and-ethical-dilemmas-of-personal-branding/
- Engaged with communication enthusiasts at the IULM Communication International Week in Italy and the Kommunikations Kongress in Germany. (2022) https://www.aniisu.com/lecture-at-iulm-italy-communication-international-week-march-23-2022/
- Delved into personal branding at the WICCI Poland Women’s Economic Forum (2022). https://www.aniisu.com/be-you-be-true-make-your-personal-brand-shine-amidst-adversity/
- Crafted and delivered the Strategic Internal Communications course at ISM University of Management & Economics in Lithuania (2021). Thank you Dr. Maik Huettinger and Mark Badham for your support and encouragement. https://www.aniisu.com/teaching-strategic-internal-communications-at-ism-university-of-management-economics-lithuania/
🤝 Collaborations (2022-2023):
- Authored my third book – Inclusive Internal Communications, a resource that encourages communicators to build stronger connections, gain commitment for organizational success, and involve stakeholders in the communication journey.
- Supported leading Krakow based business association, ASPIRE in creating a communication strategy, a Communication Leaders Group framework and a communications plan for the 2022 GBS leaders’ Summit. Also, in enhancing the association’s digital presence with 149 posts in a year resulting in a 70%+ increase in reactions, comments and engagement and an average of 29 likes per post. At last count, the association ranked between 50% and 75% percentile among Linkedin’s benchmarked industry of charity and not-for-profit. Thank you to Andrew Hallam for your mentorship and support.
- Collaborated with the Poland India Business Council on the Project Upskill program and creating an engagement framework for restarting the Council. Co-authored article in Greece-India Economic Forum magazine: https://www.aniisu.com/co-authored-article-in-greek-indian-economic-forum-spring-2023-edition/ Thank you Rao Maddukuri for your encouragement and leadership.
- Contributed to a branding study along with the Shared Services & Outsourcing Network. https://www.aniisu.com/join-sson-webinar-how-a-gbs-brand-drives-talent-engagement-transformation-in-shared-services-may-4-2023/ Wonderful partnering with Barbara Hodge and Tom Olavi Bangemann on the survey and research report.
- Started my consultancy in Poland (2023) Intraskope sp.zoo (www.intraskope.com/advantage) to offer Internal Communications and Personal Branding services for leaders and organizations. Here are a few testimonials: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aniisu/details/recommendations/
- Coached CEOs in India and Poland to uplift their personal brands and presence, beginning with Linkedin profile pages.
- Facilitated Personal Branding workshops for IT managers and leadership teams at a leading global energy firm.
- Conducted Internal Communications audits and a workshop for a global telecom major.
- Offered Employer Branding consulting services for a US based tax and audit firm.
- Crafting content strategies for a Poland-based recruitment agency’s website.
🔬 Learning, Associations and Research (2022-2023):
- Completed training to be a Prosci® Certified Change Management Practitioner
- Co-authored research papers on volunteering motivations during the Ukraine refugee crisis.
- Served on the Org Redesign Taskforce of the International Association of Business Communicators. Thank you to the wonderful team whom I had the opportunity to work closely with – Danielle Bond SCMP, Michael Nord, SCMP®, MBA and Jennifer Andrewes.
- Participated in RMIT University, Australia’s Professional Communications Industry Advisory Committee. Thank you Karen Matthews and Jay Daniel Thompson.
These experiences have not only enriched my professional journey but have also allowed me to contribute to the progress and impact of organizations and people in Poland, the EU, and beyond. I’m grateful to all those who supported me in this journey (thank you Jaya Kumar K and 🎤 Sebastian Drzewiecki for trusting my abilities and expertise) and for the opportunities to collaborate and learn from diverse cultures and perspectives.
I look forward to continuing this enriching journey in Australia and connecting with like-minded individuals who are equally passionate about making a positive impact around the world. Let’s keep the conversation going! 🌟
Keen to grow your influence within and with the world? DM me or connect for a FREE consultation: https://meet.brevo.com/aniisu-k-verghese/ask-aniisu-
Who am I?
I am Aniisu, an award-winning internal communications and change leader helping individuals and organizations discover and develop their ‘sweet-spot’ through effective communications. As a Linkedin Top Voice for Internal Communications & Personal Branding, I offer insights, perspectives and solutions at the intersection of these two evolving domains. Organizations are an amalgamation of employees as ‘personal brands’ and when we include, involve and inspire staff as partners of change, together we can amplify our presence and advocacy.
Subscribe to my Linkedin newsletter and join over 6200 passionate professionals to get weekly insights that help you succeed at work and beyond.
#communications #branding #engagement #relationships #australia #sydney #India #poland #EU #personalbranding #internalcomms #IC #change #changecommunications