Book Your Seat Today!
Presenting a full-day, hands-on workshop: Internal Communications 301 – Employee Engagement, Internal Social Media and Beyond on July 20, 2013 at Bangalore.
How can internal communications influence workplace engagement? What can communicators and leaders do to tap internal social media better? What does the future hold for the role and the function? How does the future workplace and workforce look like?
Attend this hands-on workshop to stay relevant as a communicator and be seen as a go-to person by your leadership team. Network with peers and leaders from the industry. This is the 3rd in the internal communications workshop series, the first and only immersion sessions by the author of Internal Communications – Insights, Practices and Models (Sage Publications, 2012).
With dramatic changes sweeping the world organizations are today struggling to gauge the impact on their employees, resources and their future. With technology influencing how employees stay connected and engage with organizations it becomes imperative that internal communicators reinvent themselves to stay relevant. The future workplace and workforce will never be the same again. It expects a paradigm revisit of how internal communications is understood. Get immersed in a day of learning, networking and practical insights.
With interactive exercises, case studies and best practices participants will get abreast of the evolving trends, imbibe newer techniques of addressing workplace issues through communications and be adept at tackling ongoing changes with the workforce. This workshop is open for communicators, academics, consultants and leaders with industry experience.
Look up details from the Internal Communications 201 and Internal Communications 101 conducted in 2011 and 2012.
Top Reasons To Attend
- You want to be relevant in the new age of internal communications
- You are keen to understand what are the engagement influencers at the workplace
- You need to gain the trust of your peers and leaders
- You believe the future of the workforce can be influenced with communication
- You are determined to stay ahead of the curve
- You want to build a strong career path in this function
- You want to understand best practices and network with other communicators
– Learn how to handle the flux at the workplace
– Discover evolving internal social network needs
– Gain insights on the future of the workforce
– Reinvent your communication mind-set
– Understand current trends shaping the world of work
– Imbibe what you need to be successful with internal communications
· 9.00 – 9.30am Registration
· 9.30 – 9:45am Overview of the program, expectations, ‘meet & greet’
· 9.45 -10.15am Context, Trends, Employee Engagement
· 10.15 – 11.00am Exercise on Employee Engagement
· 11:00 -11.15am Tea Break
· 11.15 – 11.45am Internal Social Media and Networks
· 11.45 -12.30pm Exercise on Social Media and Networks
· 12.30 – 1.15pm Lunch
· 1.15 – 1.45pm Developing a Social Media Communication Strategy and Plan
· 1.45 – 2.30pm Exercise on Social Media Communication Strategy and Plan
· 2.30 – 3.00pm The Future Workplace and Workforce
· 3.00 – 3.45pm Exercise on The Future Workplace and Workforce
· 3.45 – 4.00pm Tea Break
· 4.00 – 4. 30pm Q&A & Wrap-up, Feedback
Feedback From Participants of the Earlier Internal Communications Workshops
“Thanks much Aniisu for the very insightful workshop. It was a great learning hearing experiences from everyone in the room.”
-Shiwani Varma Vyas, Aditya Birla Minacs
“Hi Aniisu, I had a great time at the workshop and meeting people in the field of Internal Communications was really awesome! Will definitely want to attend the next edition of this workshop!”
– Rajiv Mathew, Thought Works
“For a moment, your workshop seemed like the center of the Internal Communication world, with professionals converging from every corner of India to have conversations around Internal Communication and to discover for themselves–a rich lode of industry insight! The value, for me, in Internal Communication 101 workshop lay in its ability to meld research, insight and theory into one vibrant learning experience. The practical exercises simulated real-life work environments. And for every participant, there were valuable communication takeaways. I highly recommend your workshops to any seeker of knowledge in Internal Communication. And, I personally look ahead to the new learning spaces you will create for communicators worldwide.
– Joseph Fernandez, UST Global
“What I liked most about this workshop is that it spelt loud and clear that Internal Communications has arrived. Now young communicators can look up to a very happening career with internal communications. It was the convergence of very talented people from the industry and I came away with a lot of value – an action packed day focused on communications. I look forward to more of these from Aniisu.”
-Anney Unnikrishnan, Allianz Cornhill Information Services (Trivandrum, Kerala)
“The workshop was an amazing experience and an eye-opener in terms of the diversity in internal communication practices across industries and organizations. I have learned as much from my peers at the workshop as from Aniisu’s insights and exercises. Too bad it got over so soon! Would have loved to have a discussion on social media as well. I would definitely love to attend the next one.”
-Ashwini Mishra, Tata Consultancy Services
“Hi Aniisu Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on the success of your second workshop! It was a great experience overall. As I am a fresher in this domain, I learnt a lot about IC from the case studies and the practical experiences of other participants. The session answered many of my questions. I look forward to more of these sessions In future. Thank you for the opportunity.”
– Anindita Bagchi, HCL
“Congratulations on putting together a commendable demonstration of a lesser weighed subject – Internal communications and the grit to pull it off emphasizing that IC need be under the CEO’s umbrella. More commendable was your conviction that an IC professional, should get into consulting mode…way to go. Your practical insights and case studies were helpful. Getting further into discussions on the IC measurement strategy, will be very welcome.”
– Renuka, independent consultant
“Aniisu, thank you for providing internal communication (IC) practitioners in India a platform to come together debate and discuss. It was a fantastic workshop where we got to hear perspectives from divergent industries on IC. What I particularly appreciate is the thoroughly researched data that you presented to us and your viewpoints about the same. I look forward to your next workshop and I hope that as IC practitioners we can all collaborate to provide more value to the function and elevate it’s presence within our organizations.”
– Lisa Thomas, independent internal communications practitioner
“The workshop was a great experience! It was great, because
– I realized that there were a lot of more Internal Communication professionals in India
– it gave IC professionals an opportunity to voice their issues (Boy am I glad there are so many other people on the same boat)
– it was a learning opportunity. (best practices and experiences)
– different perspectives were examined
– it was shown that EVEN IC could be measured and shown to have an ROI (more in the next workshop)
I enjoyed the hands-on approach as we formed teams and brainstormed.
Thank you Aniisu. Look forward to the next one.
– Collin, Subex Systems
Date: July 20, 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 9:00am – 4.30pm
Venue: MGM Mark Whitefield, # 23, EPIP Zone, Whitefield, Bengaluru 560066
Seats: 30 participants
Target Group: Students, academicians, professionals and leaders with 4-20 years of experience. Also those who are pursuing a career in Internal Communication, Employee Relations, Public Affairs
Methodology: Presentations, hand-outs, case studies and exercises
Contact: +91-9886623421 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmations.
Sponsorship opportunities available
Get your brand visible to practitioners and leaders at the workshop through printed brochures, flyers, table tops or standees. Contact me on +91-9886623421 or e-mail email@example.com for details.
About the facilitator:
Aniisu K. Verghese is an internal communication expert, author and career coach and has over fourteen years of experience in the evolving internal communications and social media domains with leading IT, financial services and consulting organizations. Aniisu authored – Internal Communications – Insights, Practices and Models (Sage Publications, 2012).
He currently works as the India Internal Communication Lead for Sapient. Prior to his current role Aniisu worked at Saatchi & Saatchi, i-flex solutions and Accenture handling corporate intranets, company employee newsletters, coaching senior leadership, leading internal brand campaigns as well as crafting effective corporate social responsibility communication that improved employee engagement. Aniisu often shares expert media commentary and perspectives on careers, culture, social media, employee and leadership communications.
He has won several employee communication awards and writes regularly for management and industry publications. Aniisu is passionate about engaging fellow communication practitioners through workshops and presentations. He recently spoke at the 2011 World International Association of Business Communicators, San Diego, USon the Indian context in internal communications and social media. Aniisu is the Finance Vice President of the South India Chapter – International Association of Business Communicators.
He shares practical insights at his blog, India’s first internal communications forum – Intraskope which he began in 2006.
Other planned workshops:
- Internal Communications 401
- Practical Internal Communications – Strategy through Execution and Measurement
- Crafting Effective Messages for your Communication