How can organizations leverage corporate social responsibility trends to engage employees better?
In my article published in Simply-Communicate’s May edition I share insights and practices from corporate social responsibility studies as well as opportunities that internal communicators can tap into.
Did you know –
– that out of the 7 dimensions that drive reputation, 3 fall in the CSR category?
– that a 5% point increase in a CSR rating translates to a 9.1% spike in the number of people who can vouch for an organization, an area barely understood and acted upon?
– that a sizable percentage of people now leverage social media to change the world for the better, and about half percent expect to use it more in the future to promote worthy causes?
Summarizing the internal communication strategies:
1. Make social media an integral part of your CSR programming
2. Engage the internal ‘social activist’
3. Empower stakeholders to lead ‘glocal’ interventions
4. Maximize the impact and reach of initiatives with discipline and focus
5. Increased ownership and interest for CSR within corporate and marketing teams
I am interested in your views on these trends, strategies and expectations.